Monday, July 5, 2010

1936 (est.) - Stevenson Family in Berwick




This photo is of the Stevenson family. It was taken around 1936 at their home on the corner of Front and Orchard Streets, Berwick.
Their yard had a large magnolia tree whose blooms attracted people driving by to view it.
The only people identified are their neighbors, Clara and Herman Beck holding their children Herm Jr. and Joan. They are the 4th & 5th people from the left.
It's believed some of these folks lived in New Jersey, possibly Asbury Park or Ocean Grove. If you know more about this photo please reply, thanks.

1 comment:

Barbara Lombardo said...

Wow! I'm related to you! Just started doing a family tree so googled stevenson family in Berwick and got this link. My maternal grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Stevenson, born 11-19-1889 in Nescopeck, daughter of William and Fannie whose house this is! My grandmother Mary is in the picture and her husband - Homer Kresge - and they moved to Ocean Grove NJ to raise their family of 5. I think I see some familiar faces in the picture. I would love to talk to you and can send you some info I have been gathering - more recent.
Barbara Lombardo 215-757-0268
email: barblombardo@verizon.net
sent 11-14-13